Like it or not, car accidents are a common occurrence on Singapore’s roads. They can lead to serious injuries that have a profound impact on people’s lives, and they can also cause a lot of damage to property and vehicles. Thankfully, there are many measures in place to help prevent these accidents and minimise the impact they have on our lives. However, accidents are unpredictable and can happen even to the most careful drivers. As such, it is important to know what to do in the event of a car accident so that you can claim compensation in a timely manner.

If you have been involved in a car accident, it is essential to contact your insurer and report the incident to them immediately. The insurance company will then take on the responsibility of settling the claims of any third parties that are injured as a result of the accident, including vehicle repairs and medical expenses. You can make a report via the Traffic Accident Reporting e-services website, which is available for all Singapore citizens with a Singpass.

It is essential to provide a clear picture of the losses you have suffered as a result of the accident. This can include the cost of medical treatments, repairs to your vehicle and loss of income or employment opportunities as a result of the injury. In order to prove the extent of your losses, you should always have all the relevant documents at hand. These may include police reports, investigations and any invoices, certificates or reports that you have incurred as a result of the accident.

You can choose to hire a lawyer to assist you in making your car accident injury claim Singapore. Lawyers can help you understand your rights and responsibilities, as well as the process of filing and resolving a claim. They can also help you get the maximum compensation for your losses. They will work out a fee arrangement with you, and this will usually be based on the size of your case and the amount of legal fees that are payable.

In cases of serious injuries, you will be entitled to higher damages under the personal injury law. This is due to the fact that you will have sustained significant loss of earning potential and permanent impairment. However, you are still required to meet the minimum threshold of a 10% loss of earning capacity to qualify for compensation.

If the injured party is a worker, they can apply to MOM for a work injury compensation claim under WICA. However, it is essential to note that MOM will only consider your application if you have a valid claim and the medical evidence supports your claim. This is why it is crucial to consult a professional and experienced injury lawyer before you file your MOM compensation claim.

The law in Singapore requires that you file your claim within a set period of time, known as the statute of limitations. This time limit varies depending on the type of injury that you have sustained, and it is important to adhere to it in order to avoid losing your right to claim.